The LitWits Kit for Carry On, Mr. Bowditch by Jean Lee Latham
This isn’t a study guide — it’s an experience kit! It’s packed with hands-on ways to get into the characters’ shoes. When kids see, feel, hear, taste, smell, and DO what the characters did, they understand more. Better yet, they want to read more.
LitWits Kits are virtual products, but they’re packed with downloadables — templates, activity aids, academic handouts, and more. Because our kits live online, we can link you to useful info and audiovisuals. And you’ll always have the very latest updates!
The LitWits Kit for Carry On, Mr. Bowditch includes:
- sensory prop suggestions, with photos
- creative project and activity ideas, with photos
- printable templates, excerpts, and activity prompts
- takeaway topics, to fuel meaningful conversations
- printable handouts for creative writing, the narrative arc, setting, and more
- research and audiovisual links, for one-stop prep and homework help
- great quotes from the book, where copyright allows
Want a glimpse of our sensory style? Scroll down to get a free idea and template!
This kit is adaptable to a wide range of ages. (See the Ways to Use tab for classroom and homeschool uses.) We find 8-12-year-olds consistently “ready to LitWit,” but you know best what your kids are ready for, interested in, and capable of.
Common Core Alignment
The LitWits experience of this book is jam-packed with carefully integrated lessons — but they’re embedded in FUN, so kids don’t feel “taught.” At a bare minimum, the use of this kit helps meet these Common Core goals:
Please note that LitWits® is a registered trademark of LitWits Workshops, LLC. All LitWits Kits are copyrighted and may be used for non-commercial educational purposes only.
Sign up to get a FREE idea and template!
We’ll send you our Setting Notes template, with a page of teacher tips. It’s a fun, sensory way to explore a story’s setting!